Join the team named one of the Top 100 Companies by Working Mother Magazine and a 2015 Fortune 100 'Best Companies to Work For'
WellStar is the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Georgia, priding itself in investing back into the communities that we serve. WellStar is more than 20,000 strong to meet the health demands and needs of our communities. With eleven unique hospitals over 1,000 beds, and a strong Physicians Group, WellStar has become a shining example of what’s possible when talented, passionate people dedicate themselves to making a difference in the industry and in the communities we serve. JOB SUMMARY
: The LPN functions under the direction of the Physician, Clinical Lead and/or Office Manager. Recognizes patient's needs and symptoms in advance. Provides care for the patient under the physician's direction. Includes preparing patients for exams, assisting during treatments, coordination of tests and follow-up care and recording treatment in medical record. Helps with patient/family education. Demonstrates competency and skills to serve patients of all ages including neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric populations. Performs other duties as necessary.
Required Minimum Education:
Graduate from an accredited LPN program. Licensed as an LPN in the State of Georgia.
Required Minimum Experience
Previous healthcare experience preferred. Experience in ambulatory, outpatient setting preferred. In some cases, hospital based experience may substitute. Specific experience in practice specialty may be required.
Current BCLS certification. Must be organized and attentive to detail. Must be able to work quickly and efficiently to assure patient comfort and satisfaction. Able to communicate and understand verbal and written English language and employee should also be able to display a positive attitude (see WellStar's 'Standards of Gold').
'Why Work for WellStar?'
- Concierge Services: Employees use the free concierge service to take care of day-to-day errands, oil changes, researching and arranging travel plans, planning family reunions and weddings, dry cleaning pick-up, grocery shopping and more.
- Health Coverage: The Company covers 84 percent of full and part-time employees' medical premiums as well as 76 percent of their dependents' medical benefits. Bariatric surgery is covered if the procedure is completed at a WellStar hospital. Fertility treatments are covered for up to $5,000 annually. Employees can also fill prescriptions through the WellStar Pharmacy Network at discounted rates with the convenience of payroll deduction. In addition they can pick them up onsite at almost all the WellStar facilities.
- Work-Life Balance Programs: In 2012, approximately 80 percent of employees were using at least one flexibility option such as job-sharing, telecommuting, flex time or compressed work weeks. Clinical staff have access to a web-based self-scheduling tool so they choose shifts that best fit their lives within a schedule design that meets patient and organizational needs. One of the flexible work options allows seasoned workers to become more flexible, scaling back to a part-time schedule while continuing to receive benefits.
- Wellness Programs: Employees can stay active using an onsite fitness center and discounted fitness classes. They can also receive $300 in incentives for participating in and achieving goals through HealthStart, WellStar's wellness program that offers free health assessments, screenings and individualized coaching. A farmers basket program lets employees buy fresh local produce, delivered weekly to their worksite at a cost of $16.00 a basket or less.
- Recognition Programs: Employees receive recognition through several WellStar programs. For instance, when a patient thanks a WellStar employee by name for exceptional care they received, the WellStar team member's name is mentioned in a newsletter, along with the patient's comment. Team members receive a thank you along with two free movie tickets and their patient care story is highlighted in the hospital newsletter or on the site blog. The Winners of WellStar (WOW) program lets employees recognize and reward their peers. When employees collect three, five or seven WOW note sheets from peers, they can redeem them for a gift.
- Parental Benefits: Expectant parents are invited to quarterly baby showers where they can learn about the resources and services available to WellStar parents. Full-time employees receive 120 hours of paid maternity or paternity leave and benefits-eligible part-time employees will receive 60 hours for the birth or adoption of a child. Adoptive parents can receive $10,000 in adoption benefits per child, with a total lifetime benefit of $20,000.
Thank you for your interest in WellStar.
We are an equal opportunity employer.