The Cook Children’s Health Care System is an integrated delivery organization dedicated to providing quality health care and to improving the well-being of children. Cook Children’s recognizes that the care of ill and injured children requires highly skilled staff. It is our policy to recognize expertise and skills unique to caring for our patients. Rewarding clinical and professional excellence is a goal of Cook Children’s Health Care System.
Summary: Delivers patient meal trays, nourishments/snacks, and floor stock supplies to patient care units. Obtains patient food preferences, menu choices, and provides related follow-up.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent certificate.
- Demonstrated competence in a health care setting for at least six months preferred.
- Must obtain competent score on basic nutrition knowledge test.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective customer service skills and successful completion of customer service training module.
- Ability to perform detailed assignments, follow directions, work under pressure, readily adapt to change in routine and work assignments, and relate to patients, families, and inter- and intra-departmental staff.
- Experience working with computers is preferred.
- Must have valid Ft. Worth Food Handler's Card or obtain one within ten working days of hire.
On our team, everyone counts!
At Cook Children's, quality patient care through highly trained staff is one of our organization's core values. We appreciate your talent and the rewards awaiting you at Cook Children's include a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and wonderful opportunities to grow professionally.